[SpLaT] - Jason - Introduction

Hi everyone. I’m [SpLaT]. I am a web developer by day and night, and an infosec nerd everywhere else in between.

I am particularly interested in web application security, both as a developer who wants to write more secure applications, and as a hacker who loves the thrill of finding bugs.

I’m pretty old school I guess. My first shell I popped was through gopher compliments of my local library’s dial-up service. Let’s just say that I was always on the library’s dial-up service… you know… learning about stuff…

The internet has come a long way since then, and I’m not much more skilled than I was back then. I can program ok in about three languages and program badly in about a dozen more. I love everything tech and will waste way too much money on hardware that I just can’t live without.

Welcome,

surprised you joined up given your …opionion… about forums and all. You might find that Discourse is actually a pretty neat platform. Also, it’s written in RoR so, I might need your help some…

Funny, I “learned a lot” at my local library growing up also. Funny how that works. :slight_smile:

Yeah - I’d go with Discourse over just about any PHP forum solution. Good choice! I’m always here to help too with RoR. I was actually busy yesterday writing a custom markdown parser for Redcarpet yesterday… good times!

Without a doubt, even though I love PHP.

Never used it, what is it?

You use it every day muhuhahaha…

It is the most popular markdown parser that RoR has… used by sites such as Github…

Well I’ll be damned…